This is the US Army Corp of Engineers channel track for the Missouri River from Kaw Point to St Charles. It also has several key boat ramps as waypoints. It is made for barge traffic specifically avoid bridge pilings, wing dykes, etc. It follows the deepest part of the channel, and therefore is 99% of the time the fastest (and safest) area of the river:
You can also use this channel track for the Shootout and the Freedom Race as they are both race over the same parts of the river.
1. Save this file to your computer, then connect your (garmin) device to a computer
2. Open up File Explorer and you should see your device as connected to your pc
3. Navigate to the Garmin/GPX folder
4. Copy or drag the .gpx file into the Garmin folder
5. disconnect your gps unit
6. On the gps unit, go to "track manager". Find the Mo River one, and click it
7. After you open it up, click "GO". You should then see the track overlaid on the map. It does sometimes take a while to load it, and you may have to zoom in or out.
Tip: Make sure you use Lithium Batteries - Energizer Ultimates will last 40+ hours. Even the best Alkaline will last less than 3.